Tuesday 11 February 2014

Flipmobile

Hello, been a while since my last MOC I know, been busy unfortunately :blush:

Anyway, this was something I just made for a bit of fun. I wanted to make something which could drive on it's front and back, and this is the result.

Posted Image
Flipmobile by legomuppet9, on Flickr

It is powered by two L motors with a reduction of 1.191:1, with a differential and is steered with a servo motor. It doesn't get up enough speed to flip by itself, but hey, I did what I set out to do :classic:

More pictures:


Posted Image
Flipmobile by legomuppet9, on Flickr


Posted Image
Flipmobile by legomuppet9, on Flickr
This one didn't work quite as well as I'd hoped, it's two images of the machine on it's front and back put together, but I didn't quite take them with the machine in the same place :hmpf_bad:


Posted Image
Flipmobile by legomuppet9, on Flickr
I was just playing around with my camera at this point :grin:

Finally, a short video showing the performance of it, I realised too late I hadn't filmed me turning it over and then continuing to drive, but I'm sure you can all work out that it can work both ways up :blush: